Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can be a threat to any property and, unfortunately, it can work very fast. Within 48 hours of a water loss, like a leaky roof or water line, mold can begin to grow on your property. Mold can not only cause significant property damage, but it can also affect the health of you and your loved ones. SERVPRO of Norridge/Harwood Heights is properly trained and certified in mold remediation. We have the appropriate protective gear and specialized equipment necessary to handle any mold problem that you may be experiencing. Please call SERVPRO of Norridge/Harwood Heights at any time to schedule a consultation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (708) 453-3655
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Norridge / Harwood Heights for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Norridge / Harwood Heights has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Norridge / Harwood Heights proudly serves Chicago, Norridge, Harwood Heights, and surrounding areas.