Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When heavy rains and floods hit the Chicagoland area recently, SERVPRO of Norridge/Harwood Heights helped local residents and businesses with their properties that had experienced water damage. If you are in need of assistance with water damage from floods or a burst pipe, SERVPRO of Norridge/Harwood Heights is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help. We have experience and expertise and want to help restore your home or business quickly and professionally. Our technicians will monitor and ensure the drying process is monitored in order to bring your property back to normal like it never even happened.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (708) 453-3655
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.