10 Must Haves For Your Storm Kit
Storms can come out of nowhere and leave behind unimaginable damage. The best thing to do for yourself and your family is to be as prepared as possible for a possible storm, whether it be a rain storm that could cause flooding or a snow storm.
- Water Bottles- Adult bodies are 60% water and being left without water for days could be detrimental to one's overall health, because it could lead to dehydration.
- Canned Foods- Canned foods have a long shelf life, which means they can be in your kit for a long time without needing to be replaced.
- High Energy Foods-Foods, such as nuts, can provide a lot of energy in a crunch and they take up little to no room.
- Pet Food- If you have a pet, you should think about them as well and pack up some of their food.
- Medications- If you rely on daily medications, it's a good idea to have some ready in case of an emergency.
- Hygienic Supplies- You may lose power during a strong storm, so it's never a bad idea to stock up on things like hand sanitizer and hygienic wipes.
- Batteries and other utilities- It would benefit you to bring flashlights, in case you lose power. With flashlights, you should bring batteries and, if you own one, a battery operated radio.
- First Aid Kit- During a storm, there could be a lot of damage including to your surroundings, which could lead to injuries. It would be beneficial to have access to a first aid kit in order to bandage wounds as soon as possible.
With your storm kit, we recommend you have one in your home, in your workplace and in your vehicle. You may never know when a disaster can strike, but you can always be prepared for one in case one does strike.
SERVPRO of Norridge/Harwood Heights is proud to help restore any damage from storms!